The other night I was Skyping with one of my best friends. She lives in Holland and I live in America, so we don’t get to talk often. I trust her so much, and every time we talk I just feel so loved. She’s amazing.
I was talking to her about cutting, and started telling her about how I sometimes take pictures of my self-harm instead of writing about it, or in addition to writing about it. I don’t normally show people the pictures, but I sent her a few. She had been sharing her screen with me because I’d been watching her draw something, so I saw when she opened the files.
She opened this picture, kept it on the screen for a few seconds, closed it, and opened it again in Photoshop. I watched, confused, thinking it had been an accident.
I watched quietly while she erased every line of blood, every scar, every cut from my body. I started recording the screen without thinking- I needed to be able to watch it again. I knew I would need to feel that sense of… relief. That there was someone in my life who knew the extent of me and could still see through to something beautiful.
I wanted to share this with you because I think it’s important. If you feel anything close to how I felt when I saw this, I’m happy. Because you should know that it’s possible to be loved, underneath the pain and the scars and the blood. We are all beautiful.
You’re beautiful, and above all, you are not alone.
This is one of the most beautiful things I’ve ever seen on Tumblr. I’m crying so hard right now.
this is fucking beautiful. this is just what i needed so i won’t relapse any time soon hopefully.
i don’t usually reblog stuff that’s serious.
this is beautiful.
you have a wonderful friend.
((Ok, for someone who’s cut in the past and suffers from clinical depression and the works, this really gets to me. I’m seriously on the brink of tears right now.))
(via angelcomponents)Source: secretdiaryofacutter
- resi-riot reblogged this from kawariharu
- resi-riot likes this
- kawariharu reblogged this from pervingseoul
- agentscope reblogged this from kittengiggles
- kittengiggles reblogged this from younglovers-rage
- lionhead-bookends likes this
- harpoonedwhale likes this
- lightandstrife reblogged this from gnarlingt0n
- youwillalwaysbemyrobotloser reblogged this from thelives-imnot-living
- rollinginhyrule likes this
- ermsobasically1d reblogged this from itgetsbettermylove
- th3lochn3ssm3rmaid likes this
- godess-o-sarai reblogged this from kittycutsherwrist
- kittycutsherwrist likes this
- kkklaalaa likes this
- alcotoyamanka-nejihyuga likes this
- thegirllostinmakebelieve likes this
- in-a-relationship-with-jesus likes this
- thegirlofsecondchances reblogged this from tardisblue-alphared
- s-e-xdesires likes this
- lickingholelaughter likes this
- mandychuu reblogged this from bbygrrr69
- bbygrrr69 reblogged this from xigheart and added:
- larrystylingaylover reblogged this from larry-chu
- larrystylingaylover likes this
- beingaloneintherain reblogged this from larry-chu
- lenganasomnia likes this
- mysweetlifeasme reblogged this from larry-chu
- heywardsteedley reblogged this from larry-chu
- illamounttonothing reblogged this from therantingfangirl
- therantingfangirl reblogged this from larry-chu
- therantingfangirl likes this
- tommotummytomlinson likes this
- hazzamatazz likes this
- larry-chu reblogged this from puddin-princess
- muchie05 likes this
- conunpoquitodeazucar reblogged this from auf-aaless
- evkland reblogged this from thousandshiningstar
- thousandshiningstar reblogged this from pervingseoul
- ginnysgotagun reblogged this from borntotoss-hopetocatch15
- cieloxanxus reblogged this from puddin-princess
- girlthats20below reblogged this from matiaslovesbriana
- 6feetbelowpapermoons likes this
- matiaslovesbriana reblogged this from ibrofish
- luna-diamante reblogged this from body-peace
- sladost likes this
- blublublah likes this
- drflap reblogged this from kismetrix
- kpop-anime-love reblogged this from shellshocker269
- efl-dinghae likes this